JOIN THE TEAM
NO CURRENT ROLES
UNFORTUNATELY THERE ARE NO ROLES AVAILABLE AT CHRIST CHURCH W4 AT PRESENT, BUT DON'T FORGET TO CHECK AGAIN SOON!
We have three very different roles that could suit a young adult wanting to explore London, minister and serve in a great church family and enjoying the benefits of being part of a family home. All roles are full-time (37hrs/week), including food, accommodation (with a church family) and all bills and paid weekly as per an au pair (£100/week).
We are seeking a special person to fill an unusual post. The sort of person we have in mind will relish this opportunity to work in a gifted team of clergy, staff and church members and not have to do everything themselves. They will be excited by the unfinished nature of the St Alban’s site and have the vision and spiritual ambition to both develop and realise a tangible vision for the development of the south side of the site (currently owned by the London Diocesan Fund). They may have prior experience from either their ordained or pre-ordained career of developing a business plan, community engagement and/or project management for a building project. They will be a person of God-given faith.
Over the past 10 years in London Nicola and Richard have hosted numerous interns, au pairs and lodgers as their children have grown up. Our kids are two tweenage boys (11, 12) and a teenage girl (14). They all now travel independently to school and so are out much of the day. This has given us space to have two fascinating ministry jobs, with Nicola heading up the Christ Church W4 team as Vicar and Richard leading a mission agency called SOMA UK. We also have a cocker spaniel dog called Finch who likes regular walks. Our lives can be varied and unpredictable, including some travel, so we’re looking for someone to support our ministry roles and our family.
The role is divided into three parts
1) Ministry support: 15 hours per week: Helping Nicola with a range of practical and ministry tasks at Christ Church W4. Could include any from – Shelter project, admin support, church set up, IT support, PA/AV desk, youth work, kids work, etc…
2) Ministry development: 7 hours per week: Chance to grow and invest in your future ministry through small group, guided reading, mentoring will include preaching and ministry opportunities.
2) Vicarage support: 15 hrs per week: This includes light household chores, helping with hospitality for parish ministry (e.g. Sunday lunches, newcomers meals), dog walking, some support with children as necessary.
There will also be an option of:
3) Ministry training: 8 hours per week: via the New Wine Discipleship Year (Ealing) / or a theology course at St Mellitus College
A great year for someone interested in exploring the nuts and bolts of full-time Christian ministry and an unusual opportunity to experience unclose the joys and demands of overall leadership.
AU PAIR / CHURCH MINISTRY ASSISTANT
A wonderful couple in our church are looking for an au pair to live-in from September-22 onwards to help with their two children part-time and to dedicate time to the local church too! If you are energetic and organised, like 5-8 year old kids and can fit into a family this will be a great role for you in a fantastic part of London. There will be opportunity to explore ministry and get support as you serve a local church and get to know other young Christians. A great gap year option for someone able to live and work in the UK.
Anthony and Padmini are a Malaysian couple who have been living in London for the past 5 years. They have a 8-year old girl and 5-year old boy who go to school locally. Anthony is an in-house solicitor while Padmini is a finance manager.
1) Family support: Key role: 15-20 hrs per week, particularly on Monday-Wednesday when both parents are working. Additional hours during half term and school holidays. This includes light household chores, helping with school drop-offs and pick-ups, after-school care (supervising homework, preparing evening meals and a bit of fun/down time). Occasional babysitting.
2) Church support: Remaining hours out of 37 total per week will be used to help the church in many ways according to your gifting, experience and passions. Service areas including Shelter project, admin support, youth work, kids work, church set up, IT support, PA/AV desk, design, worship band etc… You would be included in a young adults small group and pastorate and to get involved in serving and ministering at morning and evening services.
3) Days off: 2 days - Friday (until the evening if involved in youth ministry), Saturday.
Single room, in 3 bed modern house. Room includes bed, desk, chair, drawers, shelving and access to fitted wardrobe in the room. Bathroom is shared.
HOW TO APPLY
If you would like an informal chat please email Nicola Moy email@example.com, or if you're ready to apply, please fill in the attached form and email back again.
Please note that the Church can only consider applicants who presently have the right to work in the UK and can provide proof of Right to Work in the UK. All candidates must be personally committed to the Christian faith, willing live in the Chiswick area and be able to worship at CCW4 and embrace its values and vision, in line with the equality Act 2010.
Offers of employment will be subject to a satisfactory disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and satisfactory references.
HERE IS THE LIST OF AVAILABLE POSTS AT CHRIST CHURCH W4
PARISH ASSISTANT: With specialism in digital comms, creative content, livestream and technical skills
For God, for each other and for the community
Have you just graduated with a degree related to digital communication, production, marketing or web design and not yet decided on your plans for the next 12 months? Or have you gained these skills through an apprenticeship or work experience?
Are you a committed follower of Jesus with a passion for community, mission and discipleship? We have just the role for you.
Christ Church is a vibrant church in Chiswick, West London, with three sites across the neighbourhood. With a growing congregation (in person and online), there is a unique opportunity to join a busy staff team in a full or part-time role and experience the nuts and bolts of full-time Christian ministry up close and personal! With the recent departure of a team member (to full-time ministry) there is an immediate opening for someone to bring their newly acquired expertise in all things digital to kingdom building in Chiswick, London and beyond. You would also be expected to provide basic on the ground guidance/support to staff members and volunteers who need a helping hand with IT challenges.
This is a perfect opportunity to gain valuable work experience whilst committing to a year of Christian service. Although this role has a digital specialism, it will suit someone who is versatile, service-minded and ready to support the Nicola and Richard Moy, and their clergy and staff team across a range of challenges. For example, you might be part of the team working with children, youth or the elderly. You would certainly be an essential support in the set up and running of events and activities and expected to ‘lend a hand’ wherever required. In addition, there would be the opportunity to lead prayers and bible studies at staff meetings.
You would be expected to attend services on Sunday and become an integrated member of our church community. We have an active young adults’ group which we are sure you will love and will make sure you are mentored and nourished spiritually throughout your 12 months.
Fixed term for 12 months
We are offering a 12 month fixed contract and a full-time equivalent salary of £21,450.
You will have the opportunity to arrange affordable accommodation with a member of the church family and the experience of joining a welcoming, loving and inspiring Christian community.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like something for you, please get in touch via email as soon as possible using the email addresses below. We would love to discuss the role further and learn about you and your journey to faith.
Please note you must have the right to work in the UK.
Click here to learn more about who we are and our vision and values.